Spanning Sync v2.0 Beta (332) is now available. All beta testers are asked to upgrade as soon as possible. As always, please submit bugs, comments, questions, and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Build 332
- Improved support for huge (10,000+ events) calendars
- No longer forces server debug logging for calendars
- Fixes a problem with improper log snipping
- Contacts with no names are now ignored by default, with an option to use email addresses as names
- No longer offers to replace data on Google (RDOG) on first contact sync
- Includes a more portentous warning for RDOG of contacts
- Default group popup is now properly set in the pref pane
- Google auth token failures are handled better
- Phantom middle name bug fixed
Also, we've made a change to the Trial system so that expired trials will automatically reset after 3 months.
Note: If you used an earlier beta version and were affected by the Phantom Middle Name bug will need to restore your contacts from backup and then sync. Otherwise you may wind up with two copies of each contact in Address Book with slightly different names (e.g., "Charlie Wood" and "Charlie Wood"—note the extra space).